A teenage girl from Texas in the US awoke to find her phone burning underneath her pillow recently.
 
Ariel Tolfree was in bed asleep when she was woken by the smell of something burning, reports KDFW: “I didn’t think much of it, so I went back to sleep and then I woke up again and it was more prominent.”
 
The battery inside the phone was not a Samsung brand battery, which is something the company warns against using, although April’s father says this warning needs to be more transparent: “If anything, they should put a big warning on it, like a cigarette label if that’s the case.”
 
Samsung have launched an investigation into the incident and have also offered to replace April’s scorched items such as her pillow, duvet and mattress. 
 

Latest

Trending

Hello Mama!
Help us help you by allowing us and our partners to remember your device as having browsed MummyPages and serve you better content and ads

We're on a mission to help our mums and their families thrive by informing, connecting and entertaining.

Join us in our mission by consenting to the use of cookies and IP address recognition by us and our partners to serve you content (including ads) best suited to your interests, both here and around the web.

We promise never to share any other information that may be deemed personal unless you explicitly tell us it's ok.

If you want more info, see our privacy policy.