Celebrities devouring creepy crawlies, sleeping in hammocks and fiery camp politics are some of our favourite telly.

 

Our 2018 dose of I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here! might be a while away, but that hasn't stopped ITV bosses.

 

The head of the popular programme, which airs in November, has confirmed that they are on the hunt for a new presenter.

 

 

A post shared by Ant & Dec (@antanddecofficial) on

 

The selected person will replace Ant McPartlin who took a step back from the show to focus on his health.

 

Speaking at the Edinburgh TV Festival this week, ITV boss Kevin Lygo stated:

 

"We collectively all thought let's give [Ant] a good amount of time off because these things are a slow procedure. He's not going to go to the jungle. Dec is and we will find someone to stand next to Dec."

 

 

A post shared by Ant & Dec (@antanddecofficial) on

 

Of course a flurry of questions ensued if a presenter had been picked by the boss.

 

"Yes I have… it's Piers Morgan. It could be anybody. It could be Jeremy Corbyn," joked Kevin.

 

In light of Ant's personal struggles, speculation has been building on whether or not the dynamic duo would grace our tellies this year. 

 

Earlier this month, Ant released a statement in which he detailed that he will not return to the juggle this year, or for their Saturday Night Takeaway segment.

 

 

A post shared by Ant & Dec (@antanddecofficial) on

 

In the statement, the duo said they didn't want to "compromise the quality of the show" and therefore felt it was better to postpone Saturday Night Takeaway until 2020.

 

Ant said: “My recovery is going very well and for that to continue having spoken to Dec and ITV, I have made the decision to take the rest of the year off. I’d like to thank both Dec and ITV for their continued support and I look forward to getting back to work in the new year.”

 

Backing Ant's decision, Dec added: “Whilst I am obviously sad at the thought of being without my best friend in Australia this year, I am proud of the work Ant has been doing privately and I am fully supportive of his decision."

 

"I’m looking forward to us both being reunited on screen in 2019,” he said. 

 

We can't wait for the pair to be back together again, and of course to discover who the new juggle host is!

Latest

Trending

Hello Mama!
Help us help you by allowing us and our partners to remember your device as having browsed MummyPages and serve you better content and ads

We're on a mission to help our mums and their families thrive by informing, connecting and entertaining.

Join us in our mission by consenting to the use of cookies and IP address recognition by us and our partners to serve you content (including ads) best suited to your interests, both here and around the web.

We promise never to share any other information that may be deemed personal unless you explicitly tell us it's ok.

If you want more info, see our privacy policy.