Bites and stings

The majority of bites and stings from spiders and insects are not poisonous and require minimal treatment. If your toddler is bitten by a spider or stung by an insect, you should clean the area with soapy water. If the area is swollen or red, you can apply ice wrapped in a cloth. Paracetamol or ibuprofen can be given for pain associated with a spider bite.
 
If your toddler is bitten by a poisonous spider such as a black widow, or if he is stung by a poisonous insect such as a scorpion, you should get medical attention immediately. If you are able to capture or kill the spider or insect and bring it with you to the emergency room, it will allow the doctors to identify it so that they can better treat your child.
 
If you notice a bite or sting on your toddler, but you did not see what caused it, you should treat it as you would a minor bite or sting. Naturally, if your toddler is in severe pain or having other serious side effects like trouble breathing, you must get medical attention right away.
With any bite or sting, you need to monitor it for a few days just to make sure there is not an adverse reaction or infection.
eSolution: Sheology
About MummyPages
Hello Mama!
Help us help you by allowing us and our partners to remember your device as having browsed MummyPages and serve you better content and ads

We're on a mission to help our mums and their families thrive by informing, connecting and entertaining.

Join us in our mission by consenting to the use of cookies and IP address recognition by us and our partners to serve you content (including ads) best suited to your interests, both here and around the web.

We promise never to share any other information that may be deemed personal unless you explicitly tell us it's ok.

If you want more info, see our privacy policy.