Daylight savings has just kicked in and we are delighted with the stretch in the evening! We missed the warmth of the sun after a long winter and welcome a few extra minutes of light. If you are expecting during these brighter times, here is a list of 30 stunning names for your little ray of sunshine, inspired by the sun:
For your sunny boy:
1. Aarush: meaning ‘the first ray of the sun’.
2. Aelius: a Roman name that comes from the Greek word for ‘sun’.
3. Apollo: the Greek god of music, light, poetry and…the sun.
4. Arun: a Hindi name meaning ‘sun’.
5. Blaze: for the blazing sun.
6. Cyrus: a Persian name meaning ‘sun’.
7. Eleodoro: a Spanish name meaning ‘gift from the sun’.
8. Elio: another Spanish name that comes from the Greek sun god, Helios.
9. Freyr: the Norse God of peace, fertility and sunlight.
10. Phoebus: another name for the Greek sun god, Apollo.
11. Ravi: a title of the Hindu sun god.
12. Samson: a biblical name with Hebrew origins meaning ‘sun’.
13. Sharik: an Arabic name meaning ‘one on whom the sun shines’.
14. Sol: the Spanish word for 'sun'.
15. Surya: another name for the Hindu sun god.
For your glowing little girl:
1. Aurora: the Roman goddess of the sunrise.
2. Eliana: meaning ‘daughter of the sun’.
3. Elidi: a name with Greek origins meaning ‘gift of the sun’.
4. Helen: meaning ‘ray of sun’ or ‘shining light’.
5. Idalia: from the Greek city, Idalion which means ‘I see the sun’.
6. Kalinda: a Hindi name, meaning ‘sun’.
7. Kyra: from the boy’s name Kyros meaning ‘like Ra, the sun’.
8. Malina: the goddess of the sun in Inuit mythology.
9. Marisol: meaning ‘of the sea and the sun’.
10. Savita: a Hindi name meaning ‘sun’.
11. Siria: meaning ‘bright and glowing’.
12. Solana: a Spanish name meaning ‘sunshine’.
13. Solange: a French name meaning ‘angel of the sun’.
15. Summer: the season when the sun is strongest.
16. Thea: a Greek goddess of the sun, dawn and the moon.