Growing up, the book club was the best part of school; taking 30 minutes or an hour out of actual work to discuss our favourite book... well, nothing's better than that.
Or so we thought.
As adults - and mums - our book clubs are a little bit different (to say the least) - in particular, the lack of books... but don't tell anyone.
And they tend to happen on Friday nights, in your neighbour's 'good room'.
If you do have the pleasure of being part of one, you'll definitely nod yes to the following 11 things that actually happen.
1. Copious amounts of wine drinking
Hell, book club is the only reason you bought those fancy wine glasses.
2. Sampling the finest cheese and crackers
You go into to Lidl ESPECIALLY during their French week to stock up.
3. Discussions on how 'your one' on the school run can look so immaculate
And you'll question WHAT you are doing 'wrong' in the morning...
4. More wine drinking (that Santa Rita 120 goes down a treat)
It's easier than having to get up to boil the kettle for tea...
5. Lots of cake eating, with a few sandwiches thrown in for good measure
You were too busy making cheese and grape skewers to have dinner.
6. Rants on the latest husband/ partner-related escapades
If you can't moan about your SO to your book club mates... who can you moan too?!
7. Some coffee tasting thrown in for good measure
You know, just to keep you going for another couple of hours.
8. Promises of organising an actual night away
You know, so you can really get into the heart of the book's protagonist.
9. Ramblings on WTF?! is going on with the Government
It's not ALL about the food and Pinot Grigio
10. You'll hmmm and haw about opening another bottle of Sauvignon Blanc
Even though you (and everyone else) know you WILL do it.
11. You'll discuss debate whether you should read a book for the next time...
For like ten seconds before pouring another drink.