Children can easily encounter or play with everyday objects that could result in strangulation or suffocation. Here are some safety tips to help prevent this.
- Teach your child about the danger of putting anything tightly around their neck
- Teach your child that plastic bags are not toys and should never be placed over their head
- Be aware of your child doffing tunnels or burying themselves in the sand…or burying other children in the sand.
- Make sure to not leave plastic bags lying around
- Don’t put in curtains or blinds with cords hanging from them
- If you already have curtains or blinds with cords, make sure they are out of reach and site of children