Great Ormond Street Hospital in London has reported that there has been an increase in the number of children falling ill having swallowed tiny metal batteries.

 

Image result for great ormond street

 

Doctors estimate that one child is being admitted to hospital each month with this problem.

 

Image result for button battery

 

Two babies have actually died from swallowing these little batteries. 

 

 

Doctors claim that the acid from these small deadly batteries can burn through the lining of the esophagus and damage a child's airway.

 

Image result for button battery

 

The staff in Great Ormond Street are warning parents to keep batteries away from children, particularly those under six, to avoid easily preventable tragedies.

 

SHARE to spread the word of this danger. 

Latest

Trending

Hello Mama!
Help us help you by allowing us and our partners to remember your device as having browsed MummyPages and serve you better content and ads

We're on a mission to help our mums and their families thrive by informing, connecting and entertaining.

Join us in our mission by consenting to the use of cookies and IP address recognition by us and our partners to serve you content (including ads) best suited to your interests, both here and around the web.

We promise never to share any other information that may be deemed personal unless you explicitly tell us it's ok.

If you want more info, see our privacy policy.