Honey and Oatmeal Mask for Gentle Nourishing
Oats have natural emollient properties, helping to soften the skin and protect irritated tissue. They make an ideal ingredient for dry skin, but also for sensitive skin. Honey is very helpful for dryness because it encourages the skin to retain moisture.
- Dried Oats
- In a blender, mix three tablespoons of dried oats with one tablespoon each of honey and milk.
- Smear it over clean skin.
- Let the mask dry for about 15 minutes before rinsing it off.
- Always put a moisturizing cream on your face after washing to lock in moisture.
Avocado and Jojoba Oil Homemade Face Mask
This combination will leave the skin feeling incredibly soft and smooth, which is a plus if you want to reduce the appearance of fine lines.
- Jojoba Oil
- Mash one-half of a ripe avocado with one teaspoon of jojoba oil.
- Apply over the face and neck.
- Wash the face clean with a wash cloth after 10 minutes.
Yogurt and Rose to Tone and Soften
Another great combination for dry and sensitive skin is a homemade face mask recipe that combines the nourishing, cooling, and softening properties of yogurt with rose, which has both antibacterial and astringent properties. This face mask will not only moisturize, but it can also help tone the skin. As an added bonus, it takes less than one minute to prepare.
- Rose Oil
- Plain Yoghurt
- Stir four drops of rose essential oil into one-quarter cup of plain yogurt.
- Gently rub the yogurt and rose mixture on the face with fingertips.
- Let the mask rest for about five minutes before rinsing the face and patting dry.