Myleene Klass has urged parents to do a first aid course after quite the terrifying incident. The mum explained that during a family holiday one of her daughter’s started to choke.
It’s safe to say any parent would panic in such a terrifying situation. The presenter said she only knew how to assist her daughter because of her past first aid training.
She tweeted about the incident in a bid to encourage parents to educate themselves: “My daughter (the other one this time) choked on holiday and I only knew what to do because I’ve done a first aid course.”
She asked them to learn about how to help your children if they are ever in a similar situation. We never know what could happen to our kids, accidents do happen so it’s best to be well equipped.
“Please parents, arm and educate yourselves. It happened so quickly,” the mum stressed.
My daughter (the other one this time) choked on holiday and I only knew what to do because I’ve done a first aid course. Please parents, arm and educate yourselves. It happened so quickly. 5 mins later it was as if nothing had happened. I’ve just booked another refresher course.— Myleene Klass (@KlassMyleene) August 31, 2018
She said everything was fine because she knew what steps to take: “5 mins later it was as if nothing had happened.”
Myleene admitted she has just booked another refresher course to ensure her skills are up to scratch.
Taking part in a basic first aid course is one of the best steps to take. Many parents thanked Myleene for sharing such helpful advice.
One dad tweeted: “It should be trained in schools. Choking is one of my biggest fears for my kids.”
Many people supported his point and also expressed their beliefs in adding first aid training to mainstream education.
We couldn’t agree more. Everyone would benefit from the training.