Having a happy and healthy relationship doesn’t mean you need to spend every single waking moment with each other.
In fact, enjoying a little time apart from each other can do wonders for you – remember, absence makes the heart grow fonder!
But that’s not all it does, here are six reasons why it is so important you both enjoy a little ‘me-time’:
1. Doing something without your partner can help to build your self-esteem and sense of independence.
2. You can both expand your interests without feeling obligated to another person.
3. Being pulled in various directions by your kids and partner can cause you to feel stressed, so recharge your batteries with a little ‘me time’. The more relaxed you feel the better for your relationship.
4. Just because you have decided to spend your lives together doesn’t mean you literally have to do everything together. You have your own hopes and ambitions that you want to fulfill and taking the opportunity to do them will help you feel more satisfied.
5. When fulfilling your own goals and ambitions you will feel a lot happier and self satisfied all of which will spill into your relationship.
6. It helps you to build your own inner strength so that you are less needy towards your other half, which can actually put a strain on the relationship.
So go out and enjoy a little 'me-time' and whatever you do, don’t feel guilty for doing it!