You don’t have to go all out to spruce up your bathroom.
Adding a little colour to your space can go a long way in brightening it up.
Updating the paint colour, a new shower curtain, towels and accessories all are quick makeover options.
Here are a few more:
1. To make a small room larger, paint it a lighter colour or have everything the same colour - just don’t pick a very dark one as it will feel claustrophobic.
2. Or you could go for a mixture of shades: grey on the ceiling, a soothing khaki on the walls and clean white for the trim. The rule of thumb is to keep it bright but not fussy and if you have loud tiles then keep the walls simple and vice versa.
3. For a nautical feel and to add height why not paint the roof of your bathroom blue, so you can lie back in your bath and pretend to float away, and hope someone doesn’t start banging on the door. Plain white tiles around the shower area are a good idea combined with a handful of pretty, rose patterned tiles to jazz up the sink.
4. Ditch your mouldy old shower curtain for immediate results- a pale gold one will add a touch of glamour or a bright patterned one is nice if your room is mainly white. Try and hang them as close to the ceiling as possible to give the room the illusion of height.
5. If your budget allows, you could ditch the curtain completely and opt for a sleek, glass shower screen with a touch of colour instead to go around your bath or shower.
Image via Pinterest.