MummyPages EXPERT

Is it safe to give my baby honey?

5/5 (1 rating)
It is not safe to give your baby honey while they are under a year old. Honey can contain the botulism spore, which could lead to potentially fatal botulism poisoning. Honey is consumed in raw form without being pasteurised or sterilised, which means that any possible contamination of honey with botulism spores is passed on directly when consumed. Even if the honey is pasteurised or cooked in home prepared meals, it can still contain botulism spores and therefore should never be given to babies before they are a year old.
After one year your baby’s immune system should be strong enough to fight off any potential threats from botulism spores. You can read further  about what not to feed your baby here.
Give an answer

Recently Added Questions

eSolution: Sheology
About MummyPages
Hello Mama!
Help us help you by allowing us and our partners to remember your device as having browsed MummyPages and serve you better content and ads

We're on a mission to help our mums and their families thrive by informing, connecting and entertaining.

Join us in our mission by consenting to the use of cookies and IP address recognition by us and our partners to serve you content (including ads) best suited to your interests, both here and around the web.

We promise never to share any other information that may be deemed personal unless you explicitly tell us it's ok.

If you want more info, see our privacy policy.