Alec and Hilaria Baldwin have made their first public appearance since their miscarriage heartache earlier this week.
The couple attended the American Museum of Natural History’s 2019 Museum Gala on Thursday evening.
The parents opened up about their devastating loss in an interview with Extra. Hilaria has suffered two miscarriages in the space of seven months this year so there’s no doubt the mum is feeling utterly heartbroken.
However, the couple still hope to expand their beautiful family one day.
Alec told Extra, “We’re going to have another one, just not now. It’s a question of time. It’s been hard.”
Hilaria added that she is feeling physically and emotionally better after the harrowing losses.
“Physically, I am feeling a lot better. Emotionally, I’m feeling a lot better. Sharing can be hard, but once you share, it feels a little more real and then once it’s more real, you can heal… It also made me feel not alone.”
The couple announced that they lost their baby last weekend.
Hilaria said it was the last thing she expected to discover when she went for her 20 week scan.
“I told Carmen and took this so I could send it to Alec. I guess this is a good way to share it with you too. I told her that this baby isn’t going to come after all...but we will try very hard to give her a little sister another time.
“I’m really devastated right now...I was not expecting this when I went to my scan today. I don’t know what else to say...I’m still in shock and don’t have this all quite clear,” she wrote at the time.