Like anyone with an allergy, the living environment can play a significant role in causing flare-ups. If your child suffers from eczema, then you will need to extra vigilant with cleaning. Here are a number of precautions you will need to take in your home:
- Eliminate tobacco from places visited by eczema patients.
- Eliminate dust as much as possible by using a vacuum cleaner with HEPA filter
- Combat dust mites by regularly treating bedding, carpets, armchairs, soft toys, curtains, draperies, etc. with anti-dust mite products.
- Limit the number of soft toys and wash them frequently.
- Avoid pets with fur and feathers.
- Do no overheat room (˂19⁰C) in order to avoid sweating.
- Regularly air rooms in winter and summer.
- Avoid humid rooms with areas of mould.
Click here to learn what clothes are suitable for eczema sufferers
This article is brought to you by the skin experts from La Roche-Posay