TV presenter Claudia Winkleman’s eight-year-old daughter Matilda is currently being treated in hospital after she was involved in an accident at a Halloween party this weekend.
The presenter was absent from her presenting post on Strictly Come Dancing and Zoe Ball stepped in to take her place as she remained by her daughter’s side.
It has been reported that the little girl’s Halloween costume may have caught fire.
Claudia and her family have released a statement about the accident as well as advising people to be extra vigilant about candles, fireworks and open fires: “Our daughter was involved in an accident on Friday night while celebrating Halloween. She is having the best care possible and we are hopeful of a full recovery. We would like to thank everyone that has been supportive and particularly the NHS doctors, nurses and staff who have been absolutely incredible. We would like to take this opportunity to remind anyone taking part in fireworks parties or Guy Fawkes celebrations to be vigilant about the dangers of candles, open fires and fireworks and to be please have the appropriate safety measures in place and to hand.”
It is thought Claudia will not return to Strictly for a number of weeks as she stays by her daughter's side.
We wish Claudia, Matilda and her family all the best during this awful time and wish Matilda a full and complete recovery.