Bullies are not always the biggest kids in the playground- instead they could be the smallest, sweetest girl in the class, the last person you would ever suspect.
Children who bully want to have control over their lives- even if it’s just making someone else’s life miserable. A child bullies to make up for something that is lacking in their own lives. They commonly perform badly at school and find it difficult to make lasting friendships.
- Pick on kids who are younger, smaller or different from the rest of the children.
- Pick on kids who are new to the school, as they’re new, they don’t yet have a group of friends who can back them up.
- Talk loudly and cut across people so no one else gets the chance to back them up.
- Spread lies about their victims
- Use blackmail to prevent their victims from reporting them
- Try to get their victims ostracised and excluded from activities.
- Freeze out their victim so no one will talk to them
- Pick on their victim constantly with name-calling and teasing.
- Steal or lose their victims belongings on purpose