Toilet training is one of those aspects of motherhood that many mums dread: the inconvenience, the increased volume of washing, the sheer panic that they’ll need to go when you’re on the train and there’s NOWHERE.
But getting yourself all worked up about it is not going to help; relax, take your time and just go with the flow!
Here are eight reasons not stress about toilet training:
1. It will happen, eventually
These things take time!
2. ALL mums are going/ have gone though the exact same thing as you
Even if they pretend they haven’t!
3. You are getting closer to never having to change dirty nappies again
Well unless you decide to have another one, that is!
4. In a few months it will all be over
And you can give yourself a huge pat on the back!
5. Your child is not the first to have wet themselves during the grocery shop
You’ll be surprised have much wee ends up on those floors...
6. It will take however long it takes
And pushing your little one to do things they aren’t ready for is just going to cause trouble.
7. Accidents WILL happen
And once you recognise that fact then you'll be better able to handle them.
8. It's not as bad as everyone makes it out to be
If you are just starting out now, it is easy to be influenced by all the embarrassing and horrific stories of toilet training, but trust us, it's not as bad as people make it out to be. Seriously.