Danielle McConnell, a Welsh native, recently had the shock of her life. 


Out of nowhere, a tilt and slide type glass door fell on her toddler, nearly crushing him

After her son so narrowly avoided being crushed to death, she took to Facebook to warn other parents about the dangers of tilt and slide doors. 



"This door fell on top of my 2 year old and shattered on top of him." she wrote. 


"My son was so lucky to walk away from this with cuts and bruises. Someone else’s child may not be so lucky!"


The boy suffered extensive cuts and bruising, but was lucky not to have been more seriously injured. 



She begged anyone with that type of door to be careful and aware that they can snap at anytime. She also noted that there had been fatal accidents similar it this in the past. 


In 2009, two-year-old Ruby Jones died when a similar door snapped and fell on her. 


An investigation carried out at the time by The Telegraph noted that rollers that allowed the door to slide had become worn, and that: 


''Less than ten pounds of pressure would have been needed to disengage the rollers [from their socket]" 


In 2008, another toddler was killed in a similar incident. Industry experts who visited the scene said the doors "could have gone at any time."


As for McConnell, she says that she us just "grateful" that her son is okay.