Angela Henderson, Australian mum and blogger, has shared a timely warning about the dangers of choking. 


The blogger shared the picture of an x-ray of a 5-year-old's throat, where a grape had been lodged. 



"Attention Parents!" she wrote. "Do you know what this X-ray is of? A grape!" 


The grape had become lodged in the boys throat, as he swallowed it quickly to play with his friends. 


Luckily, it did not obstruct his whole airway, but the poor kid had to be operated on to remove it. 

"He is VERY lucky that part of his airway was open or else this could have ended badly," Henderson wrote. 

"So please be mindful that not all kids chew their food, are in a rush at school to get in the playground etc.

"Please be careful. And when in doubt just cut the damn grapes, baby tomatoes etc." 

After the tragic passing of a 4-year-old Australian boy just weeks ago, it comes as a timely reminder to always be aware of choking hazards. 


If in doubt- cut it up!